Something I need to say…

Soap box

Normally I take everything with a grain of salt. I know all of you are really invested in the stories you read, and I love that about all of you. But what I cannot tolerate are the anonymous people on fanfiction.net that like to shit hate (thank you EIM!!) because they don’t like what they THINK is going to happen in a story.

I know how I left the last chapter of Waking Up Dead, and a lot of people aren’t happy with it. That’s OK; I expected it. To be honest, I like causing controversy. With that being said, this story IS NOT an E/S/G pairing. It is an E/S pairing. HOWEVER, to expect a newborn vampire with impulse control issues (which is what Sookie is) to be  monogamous is somewhat ridiculous in my humble opinion. Did I say Sookie is gonna fuck everything under the moon? No. Did I say she will fuck Godric? No. I merely stated that Eric would prefer it be his maker over someone else. This way he will know she is taken care of on all fronts: physically, mentally, and emotionally. There is more that is going to happen before there is any real intercourse in this story. In case you want to know what I define as real intercourse, it’s when the P goes in the V.

Any more questions? No; good. The next chapter of Waking Up Dead will be up Sunday. I am seriously considering pulling this one from fanfiction.net. Well all of them really. Is it me or have we forgotten somewhere along the way that these are stories about vampires, and they are not following the moral code of humans? Yes, they can love; yes, they can have relationships. But to them, it’s a far different cry than what I would expect in a marriage between a human man and a human woman.

Ok, I’m done now. Have a good night!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Something I need to say…

dang you are not the only one getting attacked on FFN today …. KY

2. Kittyinaz says:

Go Jessica!!!! You know my stance. I start them there, then when it gets too much for the TOS I just stop posting there. But they are often not thinking about them not being human anymore…

3. “it’s when the P goes in the V.” LMAO. Every time someone writes that I crack up! But anyways, I may not like the idea of Godric/Sookie together, let alone just having sex, but it’s your story…if that’s what you want to write then go for it! I can easily not read the story or just skip that part.

4. I’m sorry about that reviewer – pull from FF! and if I can add: It’s when the P goes in the V! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

5. Well said. I’ve often see people complain when vampires don’t act like vampires, be it they’re too soft, nice, not bloodthirsty enough, etc, etc, and yet when you write them as vampires, real rip your throat out, fuck in your blood, vampires you’re criticised for making them act like real vampires. You can’t win.

Getting away from ff.net was the best decision I made. The guest reviewers over there ruined everything. It gives people the opportunity to be spineless bastards who don’t have to sign their name to their beliefs.

6. mindyb781 says:

I’m sorry you had to deal and even think about that. First off, it is your story and you can do whatever you want. I wish people realized that. They can stop reading. I’m sorry you had to read those type of comments.

7. Natsgirl says:

Good for you. It is very hard to follow your vision when there are those so ready to take things out of context and judge before they see how the whole works. So often those things that were wished away are the catalyst that pivots the plot and makes the whole story make sense. Stay true to your vision. Your work is wonderful.

8. Juicy says:

Soapboxing is allowed anytime! I’m so glad I started reading FF before the crazy started. I mostly keep up with my authors from their own sites now. Of course I worry I may be missing some new talent out there……….. but you guys are generous with your recommendations of new fics.
    Thanks for sharing – you don’t want to have build up of that nasty!

9. suzi44ky says:

If us readers knew what was going to happen in all the stories, wouldn’t be much fun to read them.
    What I don’t understand is if they don’t like what they read, why keep reading and gripe about it.
    Let the rest of us enjoy the stories we read. I don’t read every story, mainly because I can’t fit everything into my waking hours and some stories just don’t appeal to me so I skip those. I think all the writers do a fantastic job with the stories they write. Love the imagination some of you have..Some of my favorite stories are with a Sookie with many powers with her and Eric fated.
    I know some don’t don’t to write stories with Hunter in them but I love seeing him in stories..

10. VictoryInTrouble says:

Wow, sorry you had to deal with that. I don’t understand stuff like that and people’s need to offer an opinion about where an author should take a story. I don’t post on ff.net anymore. I only had a couple stories I had started over there but then they updated their site and I couldn’t post. Maybe it’s fixed now but I doubt I’ll go back. It’s not worth it. I’m glad you are keeping the story how you want.

11. Lisa Kisner says:

I am sorry you had that to deal with! The way I look at it is if you don’t like something then do something about it. If you don’t like the way a story is going either stop reading it or write your own damn story the way you want it to go. I can’t wait to see where you take this story!

Applause, Applause, Applause!! Yes, pull your stories from that toxic site. I’ve never understood the whole vampire/human morals thing either, but then there’s the thing about these same people reading about vampires, demanding you write them as moral while going off on curse-filled rants about just whom Eric or Sookie should fuck or call her names I won’t even say & I’ve got the vocabulary of a sailor. Oh, that whole thing about the P going in the V? That’s just fine as long as it’s Eric’s Gracious Plenty going into Sookie’s Fairy Vagina. People are crazy & they’ll stay that way. Write your stories the way you want. We immoral heathens love them & we’ll keep on reading. Someday when we meet up with the hypocrites in Hell we might just tell them how the story ended. Or not.

13. tbfanengirl says:

Beautifully said!!!!! I love the story just the way you are taking it!! You are a fantastic writer and those that wanna “hate” need to move the fuck on!!! It’s a shame when a person who is jealous of another’s talents has to try to ruin it for all others especially including the person with the awesome talent ( You Jessica)!!!!! I understand everybody is entitled to their own opinions and comments but sometimes people need to learn when to keep their piehole shut and this was one of those times!!!! Don’t like the story well nobody asked you to keep reading but there are lots more of US THAT DO!!!!

14. What the fuck? Do they know they are reading about vampires? True Blood vampires? HBO True Blood vampires? Mistress Jessica HBO True Blood fuck you and your date, vampires? Probably broke a copyright there. Keep being you, what your writing is working. No one knows the vision of the tale but you. Love your work girl!

15. ericluver says:

Tell it like it is, sista! Sorry if you had to put up with assholery of FFn. I love your stuff 😀❤️

16. ashmo2000 says:

You shouldn’t have to even write any of this.
    Folks come on these free (key word:free) sites and think complaining about shit is gonna change how you see certain things happening. We write what we or our muses have to say and not everyone is suspected to like it. However, everyone who reads is expected to use common sense.
    Readers- If you don’t like it or how something is done or worded; stop reading. If you’d like to continue reading then keep an open mind that it may not get better or becomes the greatest story you ever read, but you won’t know until you shut your sensitive, complaining ass up. Y’all complaining ass, rude folks act like you paying to read these stories or are asked for a donation by the author. These wonderful, kind authors take time out of their lives and share their words with you and you ungrateful ass, whiny brats have nerve to complain. If you don’t like it don’t read it, stop acting like somebody is shoving their creativity in front of your face!
    -Now, with that being said,
    if you don’t like what I said or color yourself offended then probably your one of those readers I just described😒😕

17. tleel says:

Personally I love your story waking up dead and I cant wait for the next chapter update, I wouldn’t even object to getting 2 chapters at once, yes I’m greedy love the story.

18. kinnik7104 says:

I’m sorry that you had to listen to that BS!! I hate douchebaggery! Your muse is your muse and with the way you write these stories and characters, the “reviewer” has to know that you are heading someplace GREAT, especially if they’ve ever read any of your other work. So, they can suck it and if they don’t like it, they can read one of your other masterpieces instead. 🙂

19. lostinspace33 says:

You go girl! The haters can fucking blow me! (To sort of quote Eric. 😉 )

You go!!! Totally understand where you are coming from. My story, I got ‘guest reviewers’ asking why I haven’t included such and such character and I better do so or they’ll stop reading. Of course ‘guest/anon reviewers’ never have anything constructive to write. Delete, delete, delete.

21. marilyn859 says:

First of all ! Every time you turn around there is some idiot making stupid comment s to one of our writers. That has caused more good writers to leave fanfiction.net over the years .I for one don’t have a problem with sookie and godric.it is not the first story like that .and get this PEOPLE ! It’s called fiction and you are more than welcome to not read it ! I say keep writing what’s in your head .you have done a great job so far ..

22. anem72 says:

This sort of shit always annoys me, it’s time FF protected the writers that keep their site going. I’m just catching up on everything after months of not being able to follow chapters very well. With fibro I have times when I struggle to remember ongoing stories and found FF easier to prevent distractions as my mind wonders off to the side bits. This is the only reason I carried on reading stuff on there. This winter was probably my worst and I’m still behind on all my faves but I’m trying not to use FF any more because I’m sick of the way they treat the writers. Once I’m caught up I will be sticking to wordpress sites and using Fanbangers Anon. Take the opportunity to plug your site and FA and quit FF for good. The readers will follow the writers wherever they go because it’s the writers that have kept us reading on there. These idiots ruin things for everyone if they are allowed to be abusive with no consequences.

I admit to having had a sneak look yesterday and I’m not throwing tantrums lol. I agree with your reasoning regarding a new vampire. Even if I didn’t agree it’s your bloody story and you can write what you like! If people don’t like it then they can stop reading. Maybe they’d be better sticking to programmes that won’t offend their sensiblities – Disney cartoons maybe? As for moral codes and vampire fiction – WTF are you reading it for if you want rainbows and unicorns? I think we all got sucked in because it allows everyone to think outside the box in any direction they want. Imagination is a wonderful thing and it’s what creates stories – those that think a story is a reflection of the writer (or its readers) own moral code should stick to non-fiction because the clearly can’t separate the two.

Well said, by the way!

23. jjbuffy2 says:

I’ve stopped using FFN because I hate the way they treat the wonderful writers of my favorite characters. I can’t stand the annonomous BS and the “guest” review. put your name to it or shut the hell up! (personally I’m not real into Godric with sookie, though it doesn’t bother me he is with Eric but it’s your story and I’ll read it and love it cause you rock the words!)

• jjbuffy2 says:

I realize my problem with G/S…. I don’t think sookie is good enough for Godric. but that’s MY issue, not yours! so write as you wish… geez I hate it when reviews attack you lovely writers.

24. Tynee23 says:

Sorry to hear about what you have been dealing with. Please, pay no heed to those who do not want to be named and stay true to how you see your story. I believe that if someone wants to read a story written a certain way, that they should write it themselves.
    Keep up the good work.

25. Karen says:

I don’t think any author (fanfic or otherwise) should have to explain their plot reasoning at all! The reader can either read and enjoy or jump off. I’m loving Waking Up Dead and I prefer to read on wordpress anyway. I’m not sure why anyone still posts on fanfic.com because of all the ugly they have to deal with. You do what you gotta do, girl!

26. nortega1921 says:

wow!! I haven’t started this story yet, but based on this post I’m going to start it right away!!

You are a great writer, and thank you for every word you have written!

27. asia125 says:

I love all of your stories, and I’m can’t wait for every new chapter. Don’t worry about this nasty comments. The reviewers must be members of Fellowship of the Sun 🙂 You are author, so you can write what you like. Thank you for all of your hard work. You are mood healer for my bad days.

28. tj6james6 says:

I tried to reply via email when this posted last night but for some reason I got an email from WordPress this morning that it didn’t go through and this is the first chance I’ve had to redo it.
    It seems to be a night for soapboxes, lol, since I brought out mine for a rare visit as well.
    I have a theory about FFN. It’s great for getting started but not much more than that since their rules are too restrictive, they allow anonymous reviews without giving an alternate way to respond and the witch hunt is never ending.
    I am rarely there any more since most of the authors I follow now have their own wordpress sites. I think there are maybe three that I read who stick to that since their lives are too hectic to make the move.
    I sometimes wonder if readers actually read the authors notes, summaries and posts about particular stories?. If they did they would already be warned about an issue or a plot point they may not like *shrug*.
    IMNSHO fanfiction is reader beware. We don’t have to write our stories and we don’t have to read. We do so because we enjoy it. If they’re not enjoying it then it’s not the story for them *shrug*. Time to get away from the story. Simply stop reading it; go back at a later date when you have a different mind set, or not at all since the negative feedback makes all of us uneasy.
    *puts the soapbox away AGAIN*

29. valady1 says:

Gutless wonders, that is how I classify “anonymous” viewers. I don’t write (wish I had the talent, but I don’t). However I am an avid reader who loves what you and others like you create and share.
    If you make the decision to stop posting on FF, I would only ask you to consider doing what some others have done. They post the first chapter of a new story only and explain the rest can be found where they are now posting. This gives so many more people access to stories. (of course as we get the word out more on the new SVM/TB Directory, and get more writers listed there, people will be able to find these wonderful stories.
    You are a gifted writer, keep doing what you are doing..

30. Pam says:

So sorry to hear about the negative responses to your story…. I must admit that I do not sign in to FF.net anymore (due to the fact I forgot my un/pw and am lazy to start over) to submit a review. But I was brought up with the old adage if you he nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. So Shen I leave a review it is always positive and encouraging towards the author. All you author s rock for putting yourself out there for everyone to see and I thank you for what you do!

Have some wine and forget about FF.net stalking heaters your the best writer ever… But don’t tell Kat or mags or missjess and well everyone else I said sooooo. Ok you all are the best ever!

31. askarsgirl says:

Eric sent me to tell you that I love your stories. I do. I really, really, really do😃

32. Magpie says:

Touch every third person and you’ll find an idiot. (That’s a Judge Judy quote btw.)

I hope you don’t pull out of FF completely. I hate to see a few idiots spoil it for everybody else — which I why I’m sticking it out over there. That and I’m too lazy to make my own site 🙂

I’ve had some great guest reviews over there, and a few … not so great.
    With those I’ve decided the best response is to leave them up. If they want to show the world their ass…. 😉