Happy Pi Day

3.14159265359 . . .  You get the point. Of course, my husband thought when I said Happy Pi Day, it meant he got to eat pie.

Skarsgard eyeroll

I know Viking;  I rolled my eyes too.

I’m giving you the updates early because I have an event tomorrow, and I don’t think I will be in the mood to do much of anything when I get home.  There are a couple of things I need to tell you about the story updates.

1.  Stolen is a one shot based on something that happened to me earlier this week.  Tuesday I got a phone call from my bank that someone had stolen my credit card number and tried to use it. The good news: my bank declined the fraudulent charge and I did not lose any money.  The bad news: I haven’t had my debit/credit card in nearly a week.  Do you know how inconvenient this is?

2.  All Swedish translations are from Google Translator.  If it screwed up, I apologize.

3.  In addition to my migraine issues, I have dealt with a sick dog for the last two weeks.  My beautiful Indiana, my yellow lab, has had stomach problems.  The vet initially diagnosed him with a severe case of gastritis, giving him medication and recommending a change in diet.  Indy was better for about a week, but this week he has regressed.  When I took him to the vet again, they are telling me that they now want to do an endoscopy and biopsy because they believe he may have stomach cancer.  I don’t have children; my dogs are my children.  As you can imagine, I am devastated.  My husband is in denial and doesn’t want to accept the possibility something is wrong with our dog.

Indiana

This is Indiana when he is feeling playful.

104

This is how Indiana has been for the last two weeks. He’s very lethargic, drooling excessively, refusing to eat, and has impressive upchuck ability.

I’m ready for March to be over; it’s been a terrible month.

Thanks to kleannhouse for all her mad skills.

Life in the Fast Lane – Surprise!

The Boss – Overtime

One Shot – In Another Life

One Shot – Stolen

This entry was posted in Life in the Fast Lane, One Shots, The Boss and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Happy Pi Day

poor Indy. enjoy your event

2. jilllapet says:

Prayers for your puppy…

3. Judy says:

I’m sorry to hear about Indiana. My Jake had similar symptoms, the final diagnosis was ulcers. I saw pictures and it seemed his stomach was full of measles. Several hundred dollars and some antibiotics later he was fine. Though the remainder of his life he was on omeprozal. This happened fairly early in his life. We had him for 14 and a half years.

Judy

Sent from my iPad

4. gyllene says:

I’m sorry to hear about Indiana. I hope he gets better soon.

5. anem72 says:

Sorry about Indiana. I have a 19 year old son but my 12 year old border collie is my child too. We are in similar position. Those photos are how Lucy was last month. It’s heartbreaking seeing your dog like that, especially with energetic breeds because they are always perky. It was though the benign growth she has had turned as it’s grown suddenly. We got through that patch but we are waiting for money to pay for removing growth as biopsy sample was too small. Writing must be the last thing on your mind. XOX

6. Laurie G says:

I love your stories! That being said I feel your pain with the migraines horrid things they are.i hope your doggie feels better, I have two teenagers but my pets are my children too. Hope everything turns out well.

Laurie

7. Loftin says:

Happy 3.14 to you too! I’m so sorry about Indy, I hope he gets better soon.

8. Kittybird says:

😦 I’m sorry about Indy! I hope he gets better soon! Nothing worse than a sick fur-baby! They are just like children, I totally get that!

9. I’m sorry to hear about Indy. It’s sad when one of the fur-babies is ill and there isn’t much you can do about it.

Hey, how’s Indy? I’ve been meaning to ask, but have been remiss. I hope she’s doing better. My heart goes out to you. I’ve been keeping you all in my prayers. Let me know how she is!

• Indiana is doing much better. After thousands of dollars, the doctors could find nothing wrong. One day Indy stopped taking his food and medicine prescribed by the doctor; instead he ate his brother’s normal food and has been perfectly fine ever since. Kids I tell ya…. 😉

• msbuffy says:

I’m really happy to read that! What a relief, huh? Those vets do get you with the money, but those are your babies & you’d do anything for them. I know you love your puppies like we loved our girl & it’s so hard when they can’t tell you what’s wrong. Maybe he just ate something bad… So glad Indy’s OK! You’re right! Kids! Argh! 🙂