Melancholia

No, not that shitty movie with Kirsten Dunst and Alexander Skarsgard.

Though he did look pretty in it.

tumblr_lnxt6sLd3z1qc5buuo1_500I’m talking about the feeling that’s been creeping over me for the past week because of the lack of story updates and the lack of overall new stories in the TB/SVM universe.  I miss the days when my email notifications would be pinging nonstop on my phone because of all the story updates.  So this week, I’ve been going back and reading my favorites again:

Let Love In by Terri Botta

Love As a Game and Love as Drabbles by Morggys

And of course, everything EIM, particularly Like a Rock, Nuclear Winter, and Euro Pass

So I’ve been in a funk all week.  And it doesn’t help that I have the mother of all migraines today.  I’m talking the kind of headache where it hurts to put your head against a pillow, you feel motion sick and you’re not even moving, and noise and light are not your friends.

But at least we got some new pretty pictures of Alex to look at.  🙂

tumblr_nipg62dveH1qc5buuo3_500

I love that cheesy grin!

celebrityflow.ru

So intense, so brooding!

tumblr_ninx4wR35z1qc5buuo7_400

Ugnf seems to sum up all my thoughts nicely on this pic!

alexander-skarsgard-sundance-film-festival-potrait-08

Adorable

So even though I feel like ass, I decided I couldn’t go two weeks in a row without giving you something to read, because if I’m missing story updates, I know all of you are too.

A few housekeeping notes. First, this is the conclusion of The Monster You Created. Second, I have removed The Choices We Make from the site.  You can still find it on http://www.fanfiction.net, but I have pulled the story from WordPress.  I have been in a perpetual state of writer’s block when it comes to this story. I know what I want to do with it, I know all the major plot points, but I cannot for the life of me get the words to flow from my fingers.  I am re-editing A Different Life (I’ve gotten through Chapter 14), so maybe that will inspire me to pick up the mantle for Choices again. Third, Nymphomania is being worked on, but I don’t trust myself to post what I’ve written without my lovely beta looking at it.  I think the migraine may have made me slightly insane today.

Without further ado . . .

A Queen’s Command – In Search of the Truth

Bridal Party Woes – He Said, She Said

Life in the Fast Lane – Homecoming

The Monster You Created – You Reap What you Sow

Thank you kleannhouse for all your wonderful help!

This entry was posted in A Different Life, A Queen's Command, Bridal Party Woes, Life in the Fast Lane, Nymphomania, The Choices We Make, The Monster You Created and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Melancholia

1. jc52185 says:

Well, I certainly hope you feel better! Migraines are the worst and hope yours is over soon. I’m hoping with potentially a few snow days in my future I can get all caught up on your stories. I have found myself behind.

Feel better!

• Thank you my dear. I’ve been popping pills and drinking Coke all day. I’ve come down from a 9 on the pain scale to about a 4, but I fear that with these impending storms the next few days it will only worsen.

May you be blessed with snow days so that you can spend your days curled up with good things to read.

• jc52185 says:

Caffeine (at least I assume that is why you are drinking coke) is definitely needed in the midst of a migraine. I’m glad the pain has gone down and I hope by now it’s all the way gone or at least barely there, especially with the storms coming. Hope you get through them okay. Stay safe and warm.

Keeping those fingers crossed for a snow day! I have some reading I’m hoping to catch up on lol.

I was reading some of the comments below and agree with them. Unfortunately, there has been a slow down and many great stories seem like they are going to be left unfinished. We really should all just be supportive of those still writing and those who are willing to try to write. One can hope.

Hope you’re feeling better,

feel better and anytime KY

3. larakingsley says:

Get well soon! And you just made my day with your updates! BTW, I didn’t like Melancholia either. It sure is a work of fiction, right? I mean, do you know a woman who would screw some nobody on a golf course a couple of hours after marrying ASkars?

• The whole movie I didn’t understand. My coworker and I talk about this movie often. The thing that bothers her the most is the ending where the mother isn’t holding her child. As a mother, my coworker finds this unacceptable.

As for screwing the guy on the golf course . . . .WTF?!?!?!?!?! Give me Askars any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. 😉

4. VictoryInTrouble says:

I’ve been in a funk lately here too. Also feeling a general sadness over the potential slowing of this fandom. My hope is that we can all support each other, and stop some of the negativity I’ve seen. We are all different and we all like different things and that’s okay. Nobody needs to feel looked down on because someone else doesn’t like their particular brand of kink or fictional story. These are all fantasies, right? This isn’t real life. (ha ha, sometimes I wish) Sometimes the judgeyness bothers me. Not that I’ve seen it from you…just saying. I think I’ve let it bother me lately and I’m trying to shake it off. I haven’t written much this whole month so far so I’m trying to capture that damn muse and force some words from it!
    Thanks for posting even with your migraine. I hope you feel better soon!

• Awwww baby, what’s the matter? I know all about the muse being a fickle bitch, but don’t let that get you down. I think a lot of it has to do with this time of year in particular. The winter can be extremely depressing if we let it. And as for your stories, they are wonderful! Don’t let anyone get you down about what you write. I think people tend to forget that we do this for free and that we are not trained professionals, nor do we have professional teams reviewing everything for us. It’s a hobby, a lark. And I know the negativity can beat you down, but do not let them. You are wonderful, and I appreciate you. 🙂

As much as I love our fandom, it reminds me a lot of high school with the different cliques. It’s not a bad thing, because that’s just how human nature is. We tend to gravitate to people with similar interests, experiences, and whatnot. I never really fit in a clique in high school; I was more of a free spirit that was friends with everybody. There are plenty of stories out there I don’t like, but I won’t post a negative review just for the sake of knocking someone down. I’d rather just stop reading the story.

If you need to vent, let me know. I’m always happy to listen.

• VictoryInTrouble says:

The winter definitely contributes to the funk. It’s been freezing and now we’re threatened with loads of snow.

Thanks for the love, I appreciate it and I appreciate you and your stories too. It’s not even reviewers I’m talking about necessarily. I get the cliques and I agree that it happens. I was that type too, never a part of a clique, just kind of floating along friends with everyone. I just feel like there aren’t a lot of us left writing for this fandom so we should all be supportive of each other. Or at least not unsupportive. I think I must shit rainbows though, or I care too much. Thanks for letting me vent! 🙂

5. valady1 says:

Your concern about the slowing of SVM/TB new stories is dead on. But there are still some gems to be found there. There is a new story. “Swimming to the Light” by Natsgirl that is amazingly well written. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you really should. She is posting at least 2 chapters a week and I find myself checking for alerts daily.
    Migraines are a horror, I suffered from them in my early 30’s to the point that I was unable to function. Mine were apparently hormone related and having 2 babies 19 months apart cured me completely…when I think back now it’s probably one of those cases where the cure was sometimes worse than the disease (not to say I don’t love my sons to death).
    Love all the updates, and the YUMMY pictures. Have to agree about that movie. I tried to enjoy it, but damn it was a downer, and not just because the bride was stupid (seriously, as you point out, you have ASkars there and you bonk someone else?)

6. Tanya says:

życzę ci szybkiego powrotu do zdrowia.Migrena to piekło.
    Myslę ,że fandom TB/SVM umiera powolną śmiercią . Historie , dodam dobrze napisane są porzucane po kilku rozdziałach. Wiele dobrych historii zostało usuniętych z FF.
    Rok temu nie starczało mi czasu na czytanie teraz aktualizacja to miły prezent .
    Kocham twoje historie .Pozdrowienia Tanya

7. suzymeinen says:

Oh jessica! I hope you fell better today. I dont get migraines but my hubby does so i understand how they can interfere with everything you do.
    I only jumped on board this fandom just over a year ago. I tend to binge watch my tv and that is exactly what i did with tb. Of course once i was done season 6 i wasnt nearly as excited about it as i was at rhe beginning. So at that point I went looking for spoilers to see when and if i was gonna watch season 7. I stumbled upon a fanfiction and the rest they say is history. I read EVERYTHING! Of course the fact that new stories are not so often is good for me(i get way more done now, hehe) I’ve now found my favourite authors, like you, and most are still writting, like you. There are some that have stopped but we will always have those great ones to go back to. I think what makes me sad are some great stories that have been abandoned for one reason or another.
    I’ll always love this fandom and I think we all will but we will find other fandoms we love to and hopefully we can move on together 🙂

8. Mindy781 says:

I get migraines too. Have you seen a doctor, topomax is really good and helps prevent migraines. Also imitrex really helps. I hope you feel better.

• msbuffy says:

I’m an epileptic & take 400 mg. of Topamax daily, and still get migraines. Imitrex rocks for migraines. Fiorcet is an older med, but it works well too. It’s a combination of acetaminophen, Vicodin, and caffeine. In combination with the Imitrex if you truly have a migraine, those two will knock it right out.

Hope you feel better soon, Jess! Seems like we all suffer from some type of migraine. My worst ones come from waking up after having had a seizure while I’ve slept. Makes for a really lousy day! I’m keeping you in my thoughts & prayers!

9. redjane12 says:

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well but your updates are certainly great to recover from Monday / January blues… I think there is a combination of yes, the fandom slowing down its activity with the end (and what a disappointing end it was) of canon on books and then TV but also the holidays and everyone being busy in the new year… As it happens I was re-reading Drop Dead Gorgeous a great long on hiatus story that I really like even unfinished it has so much going for it…
    At any rate there are still some great stories being written now, some even of epic proportions (although a hard read sometimes) like Crash and Burn by Magpie Tales and hey, look at you and all those awesome stories in the works!!! I’ve caught up with most of the ones I follow over the hols… And new writers like VictoryinTrouble or Hisviks or Idream3223 are also adding plenty of new stories which is so refreshing too…
    So… I hope Melancholia goes away (and Migraine!) and Hope and Joy replace it! Maybe it is time for Blood Awards or a new story competition just to get everyone re-energized…

10. Kittyinaz says:

Reblogged this on Kittyinaz's Reblog Page and commented:
    More fun for me to read tomorrow after the dental stuff!

11. gwynwyvar says:

Hugs hugs hugs hugs.
    Not good. Know the feeling.
    More hugs.
    You are wonderful for braving the computer screen to give us this!
    Thankyou!