Alternative ending to the series finale

This is short and sweet campers.  I wanted to get it out tonight while it’s still fresh.  I will update more soon.  I thought about using this for Gyllene’s HEA contest, but we needed something to smile about.

Sookie climbs out of the grave, her body covered in Bill’s blood, her face streaked with tears.  Her hand slips on the dirt and she begins to fall.  However, a strong hand reaches down to catch her.  Sookie gasps in surprise to see Eric bending down to help her.

“Give me your other hand,” he says quietly.  Sookie does as he asks, and Eric gently lifts her from the grave.  Once she is standing beside him, she releases his hands in horror and takes a step back.

“Oh my God Eric!  I’m so sorry, I wasn’t thinking!”  She covers her face in horror as she realizes she has possibly infected another vampire she cares for.  Her sobs begin again as she realizes she really is the angel of death.

Eric grabs her by the shoulders, shaking her lightly so she will listen to him.  “Sookie, it’s OK!  I’ve been vaccinated; you can’t infect me again.  I promise.”

“Are you sure?”  Sookie lowers her hands so she can see his face.  Eric never could lie to her well; she knows all his tells.  He nods his head solemnly and Sookie breathes a ragged sigh of relief.

“Will you help me cover his grave?”  Sookie gestures helplessly to the pile of dirt beside the freshly dug hole, finally the final resting place of William T. Compton.

Without saying a word, Eric drops to his knees in the grass and begins shoveling the dirt on top of the empty coffin.  Sookie kneels beside him.  Together the two work silently to fill the grave.  When all the dirt is back in place, Eric rises from his knees.  He offers a hand to help Sookie rise.  She takes the offered hand, and climbs slowly to her feet.  Her fingers clasp his tightly as she looks at the final resting place of her first love.

“How much did you overhear?”

“I saw you close your hand on your ball of light. It’s a very brave thing you did,” Eric says quietly as he too looks at the grave of his sometime nemesis and friend.  “You could have given up what made you different, what made you special.  Instead you chose to keep it.  I am very proud of you,” he says fiercely.

TBC ….

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Alternative ending to the series finale

1. Kittyinaz says:

Love this and can’t wait for more!!!

2. Adriana says:

You know, I was half expecting this to actually happen. 😦 Woe!

3. Kelpie says:

Why am I not surprised at he brilliance…seriously why couldn’t you write for TB darlin?!?!? xoxo 🙂

4. sebeaver says:

That is EXACTLY what I was hoping would happen!!!! But no, they have to end it like that. Such a travesty!!!!

5. sweetmg says:

Yes, please!!!!!

6. gyllene says:

Can’t wait for more!

7. ericluver says:

More, more, more please 🙂

8. Thank you so much for this!

9. ca53buckeye says:

One would have thought that there would never be another “Sopranos” ending to a show that has a massive fan base. Sigh… Oh well, there is always quality fanfiction (yes, Mistress!) and re-reads of the books.

10. eaaustin85 says:

I was actually hoping this would happen as I watched it….So can’t wait to read more of this

11. You’re quick! I was hoping Eric would be standing there after Bill went splat but instead he actually took Bills’ words to hear and let Sookie have a normal life by protecting her from a distance 😦

• Had I started this the right way, Eric would have staked Bill instead of letting Sookie do it. Oh well, someone else can write that ending. 🙂

Is it wrong that when Bill exploded I kept thinking of kjwrit and all her Oxyclean references in her newest story? Come on, you know someone was thinking it!!!!

12. Katie Butler says:

so amazing, i cant wait for more.

13. mnjeanne says:

Love it!! I kept waiting for Eric to show up for Sookie and now you have placed him in the correct scene. THANK YOU

14. redjane12 says:

Excellent stuff & oh so prompt… I like that you took advantage of the two redeeming elements of the Finale, Bill is finally dead (though cowardly not even at his own hands, he preferred to emotionally abuse Sookie one last time) and Sookie defied his bullshit advice to renounce her fairy nature.

Can’t wait to read more!!!!

As someone who won’t view Season 7 until its out on DVD its has been fascinating reading everyone’s reviews of the season. Reading that Bill was totally & utterly dead gave me a lot of satisfaction. He continued to manipulate Sookie throughout the entire 7 seasons. I never saw or read any redeeming features. I liked your piece & look forward to further updates.

• To be honest, this season was so frustrating and underwhelming that I don’t think I’ll buy the DVD. And that’s sad since I own all the previous seasons. The entire season felt rushes, haphazard, and the plot holes where so big that they made the Grand Canyon look small!

16. mom2goalies says:

More, please and thank you!

17. Jackie69 says:

Great start..can’t wait to read more about this…the nice thing about shitty endings is that a lot FF stories come out to correct the wrong…so I’m excited !!Come on ladies let’s start these alternative endings…Take care

18. trubie35 says:

Love it ! Exactly how it should have went. Looking forward to more.
    Thanks

19. lostinspace33 says:

I so wanted him to really show up!

damn i was having these thoughts too when i finally watched it, thanks for writing it down. KY

21. kinnik says:

This is exactly what was missing from the finale…the right things to happen! Can’t wait for more.